The Husband and I have been married for two years today. Not a horribly long time, in fact, it's not a long time at all. But a HAPPY, EASY, FUN, two years? Now that is something to post about.
All night tonight, on our Anniversary Date Night, I kept looking at my Husband.... He is ridiculously Good Looking by the way, if you don't know him, just so you know. Anyway, I kept looking at him and wondering how in the world did I get so stupid lucky?
I mean, I am slighty older than him, have slightly more kids, am slightly chubbier, have a few more freckles, definitely more mood swings. I am on more medications, ... oh, you get the idea. But when I look at him, I just know. I know we are supposed to be together. No matter how chubby I am. I know he really, really loves me. I get to live every day and sleep every night knowing this. It's crazy!
I also know we both think with an eternal perspective. And what is more important than that, really?
And so, in no particular order, My Top Ten reasons why I love The Husband SO MUCH:
1. Old ladies swoon over him. I am not exaggerating here. If I hear one more lady at church go on about how adorable he is one more time, I think I may run screaming out into the parking lot. So annoying, yet it still makes my top ten list. :)
2. He has awesome brown eyes. It was my goal in life since Junior High to marry a man with brown eyes. You might think this to be a petty goal, but I kept my eye on the prize baby.
3. He begs me to not wear makeup. This is a true story.
4. He doesn't notice when I wear my favorite capris 4 times in the same week. HE HONESTLY DOESN'T NOTICE.
5. He does 3 and 4's hair every single morning, because I leave an hour or so before him for work. If you don't think this is significant, you aren't married.
6. He understands and supports my tennis addiction. So much so that he educates himself enough to have tennis discussions with me. Tennis discussions! And so much so that we are going on our EXTREMELY belated Honeymoon this September to New York City, where we will be watching three straight days of Grand Slam Tennis!!!!! And so much so that he honestly gets excited that I am so excited. He does. He really, really does.
7. He loves kittens. This needs no further explanation.
8. He has ridiculously hot arms. You girls know what I mean.... a man with naturally sort of big but not too big biceps and triceps? Don't pretend you don't know what I mean.... his arms are perfection. So manly, so hot.
9. His doggie playgroup on Mondays. I know that sounds crazy, and a little unmanly, but there is something about a guy who helps the neighbors train their dogs. I don't care what anyone thinks, it scores points in my book.
10. He made my family eternal. And that is all I'm going to say about that.
I don't know why you picked me, I honestly don't. But I am so glad you did. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me and these little girls. And don't get all mad that I mentioned your doggie playgroup, because trust me, everyone already knows about it.
I love you so much. Thanks for everything. And Happy Anniversary. Life is going to be great......