This year, it was called the Howdy Hippy Hop.
2 loves making new friends, and I love 2.
My favorite acts of kindness this week:
1. When the very socially busy 3 secretly arranged for a very likeable 3rd grader to befriend a lonely 4 at recess, because 4 was getting snubbed a la elementary style by some of her friends.
2. When Uncle Tony offered to pick up 3 from dance, without even being asked, because he knew The Husband was gone with our car.
3. When 2 showed up for her SECOND set of church meetings, after going to a missionary farewell, because she knows her Mother likes her family together in Sacrament Meeting.
4. When Carol SuperStar brought 3 home from the dance studio because I had the wrong time written on my calendar, and 3 wasn't supposed to be there, and 3 was a little panicky, and Carol SuperStar calmed her down and brought her home.
5. When the above-mentioned Carol SuperStar fixed a hole in 3's pants after a play date, because she knows I don't sew.
6. When The Husband went out to our 2nd job twice this week and wouldn't let me go because he knows my girls need their Mom at night, even though the 2nd job is to pay for the girl's activities, even though he inherited the girls when he married me, and I should be the one out working to pay for their activities.
7. When 4 ate all of her green beans with a smile on her face.
8. When 2 offered to give a ride to a new girl, without even knowing where she lived. She just walked right up, asked her name, and asked if she needed a ride home. That's my girl.
9. When my brother didn't make me feel worse for forgetting for almost a year that I owed him $285.00 for some toilets. The Husband thought I paid and I thought The Husband paid and all this time we looked like ghetto losers. We finally found out that no one had paid and we paid.
10. When 2 texts me back sweet texts in the middle of the day after I text her, even though I know she is probably embarassed by me. And that is my favorite.
There is beauty all around. So much beauty all around. There is kindness in all of us. Life is so short. Very short.
Kind is the new black.